Textbook Buying Tips
- For all Distance Learning classes, no matter which campus you are on, select Shop KCTCS Online above.
- Distance Learning textbooks purchased with financial aid will be shipped when your aid becomes available in the bookstore. (Please read 'Using Financial Aid Tips' on the right side)
- If ordering your textbooks online, be sure to register to receive automatic updates about your order.
- You will receive a confirmation email with tracking number when your order is shipped from the bookstore.
- If you drop a class, return your textbook to any KCTCS bookstore! You'll get a full refund for your unwanted books with the original receipt - through the first week of the semester.
Using Financial Aid Tips
- Financial aid opens in the bookstores 9 days prior to classes starting.
- You will receive a message in your KCTCS email when your financial aid is available in the bookstore. The bookstore cannot ship your order until you receive the email. You may place your order early and the bookstore will place it on hold until your financial aid arrives. There is no need for you to follow up -- the bookstore will check your order daily.
- Your financial aid may be delayed in reaching the bookstore due to grades not being posted from the previous semester, the FAR form not being signed, SAP review, or federal verification. Please contact your financial aid office, if you have not received an email, and have completed all the proper paperwork.